When creating your chemicals management policies and procedures, the following questions should be carefully considered:
- Have you identified all applicable legal and customer requirements?
- Have you established clearly-defined roles and responsibilities for staff?
- Will your policies/procedures cover all aspects of the chemical management life cycle within your organization (i.e. purchasing, storage, etc.)?
- How will we track and measure performance or compliance?
- Does top management understand the requirements of your policies and procedures, and are they committed to providing the resources necessary to fulfill them?
- How and when will these policies and procedures be communicated to staff? Who will provide training and instruction?
- How and when will your policies and procedures be reviewed? Who will conduct the review?
Relevant Higg Index Facility Environment Module (FEM) 3.0 indicators:
Chemicals Management – Level 1: Question 8
Thanks for your feedback.