Proper management and oversight of a facility’s chemical inputs is the most effective method of ensuring that hazardous chemicals are properly sourced and responsibly managed responsibly throughout their life cycle within your facility. A well-established chemical purchasing and selection program will help to ensure the following:
- That your facility remains compliant with all legal and other requirements associated with the use of hazardous chemicals.
- The the necessary procedures and responsibilities associated with the purchase of chemicals are clearly defined.
- That priority is given to the use of safer chemical alternatives.
- That all hazards associated with chemicals have been identified and properly evaluated prior to chemicals being brought on-site.
- That proper controls and safe working procedures are in place to reduce the risk of negative impacts to the health and safety of workers and to the surrounding environment.