OIA Sustainability Working Group – Sustainability Snapshot
Week of October 30, 2017
OIA Sustainability Working Group Meetings Outdoor Retailer Winter Market
Registration for the OIA SWG Meetings at OR Winter Market is now open! OIA’s Sustainability Working Group wants to make environmental and social best practices in the supply chain a core value in the outdoor industry. The two days prior to Outdoor Retailer will be dedicated to sustainability working group meetings. Please join us for these education packed and fun filled days.
When: January 23 -24, 2018
Where: Denver, Colorado (hotel venue TBD)
Cost: Free! However, registration is still required.
Register here: http://www.cvent.com/d/3tq1cx/4W
Higg FEM 3.0 Launch: The Higg Facility Environmental Module (Higg FEM 3.0) launches TOMORROW (November 1). Facilities can access the new higg.org platform beginning November 1.
If you haven’t already joined the outdoor industry Higg Index adoption group, you can do so here. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or for access to the working group space.
Higg Index Access for Facilities
- How do I set up/renew my account? Complete the Higg Index Early Registration Form for registration for the 2017 Higg Index Facility Environmental Assessment. Once this form is completed your contact and payment information will be saved and you will be emailed a Higg Index registration coupon code to access the new orgplatform in November 2017.
- When can I begin the Facility Environmental Module? Now!
- I have additional questions. You can find frequently asked questions about Higg FEM here or contact us at email@example.com
Higg Index Access for Brands
- When can brands access Higg.org? Brands will be able to access the new higg.org platform beginning in December. This will allow time for facilities to set up accounts first, so they do not receive redundant registration requests from brands and retailers.
- How do I set up/renew my account? If you are an OIA member and would like to set up/renew your Higg.org account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Higg Index Access” in the subject line and we will notify the Sustainable Apparel Coalition, who will then invoice you with the discount applied (10% discount for OIA members under $100 million annual revenue and 50% discount for SWG Leadership Members under $500 million revenue). Once you’ve been invoiced, you will receive a registration link and a coupon code from the Sustainable Apparel Coalition that will enable you to set up your company’s Higg.org account.
- When can I begin my Brand Environmental Module? Spring 2018
- I have additional questions. You can find frequently asked questions about higg.org here or contact us at email@example.com
The Social and & Labor Convergence Project: Public Consultation
The Social and & Labor Convergence Project (SLCP) –www.slconvergence.org will launch an online public consultation aimed at gathering inputs from external stakeholders on its assessment framework. The consultation will run from November 6, 2017 to December 4, 2017. View the announcement and invitation here.
- Green Chemistry & Commerce Council – Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) Reporting: How it Intersects with Green Chemistry, Tuesday, November 14, 12:00pm MT
- Big companies’ climate change targets are ‘unambitious’, say analysts, The Guardian
- China shutters 80,000 factories in pollution crackdown, Sourcing Journal (subscription required)
- Q&A: Tim Greiner on the Transformational Role of Chemical Footprinting, Sustainable Brands
- Chemical Substitution, OIA Outdoorist
Subscribe to Sustainability Snapshot
Get an email reminder when we have a new Sustainability Snapshot published.