OIA Sustainability Working Group – Sustainability Snapshot
Week of October 2, 2017
Higg FEM 3.0 Launch: As the Sustainable Apparel Coalition prepares for the November launch of the new Higg Facility Environmental Module (Higg FEM 3.0), we’ll keep you informed of key milestones and updates via the weekly Snapshot, which will highlight important announcements and key reminders about the Higg FEM 3.0 ahead of the tool’s launch.
If you haven’t already joined the outdoor industry Higg Index adoption group, you can do so here. Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions or for access to the working group space.
Key dates from the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (Please follow the Higg Index working group space to get access to the webinar registration info).
- Monday 10/9: Module demonstration & language translations
- Monday 10/16: Connecting & Benchmarking Demo & FAQ & Adoption services reminder & FMW reminder & zoom info
- Monday 10/30: What to expect for launch: a summary of previous weeks’ content & link to all videos
- Wednesday 11/1: Higg FEM 3.0 launches! Invite to be sent from Higg.org to manufacturer members
- Monday 11/13: Reminder to register & encourage supply chain partners to register
Facility Early Registration for Higg FEM 3.0: Higg Index pricing will be increasing over the coming months for non-SAC members.
|SAC Member Manufacturers||No fee; will be invited to Higg FEM 3.0 when tool launches in November|
|SAC Member Brands & Retailers||No fee; will be invited to Higg FEM 3.0 in December|
|Early Registration through October 31, 2017||$85 per non-member facility|
|November 1 through December 31, 2017||$100 per non-member facility|
|January 1 through December 31, 2018||$150 per non-member facility|
Translation of Higg FEM 3.0 resource document: In the coming weeks, the documents referenced in this message will be translated into additional languages. We will make these resources available to all members on SAC Connect.
- Textile Exchange: Textile Sustainability Conference, Washington D.C., October 9- 13
- Responsible Down International Working Group Meeting, Thursday October 12 9:00am-12:00pm EST – if you are interested in participating, please firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Responsible Leather Initiative Meeting, Thursday, October 12th, 1:00-5:00pm EST – if you are interested in attending, please email email@example.com.
- Biomimicry 3.8 Immersion Workshop, Elohee retreat center – Georgia, USA, October 22-27, 2017 (two weeks left to register!) More information here.
Missed it last week?
- Ready to test transparency? Join SAC’s website pilot today: we are excited to announce that the Sustainable Apparel Coalition is currently launching a website pilot that will run between October and December 2017. In the pilot, users will test design scenarios for communicating Higg index facilities and brand performance through their own websites. An opportunity for manufacturers, brands and retailers to collaborate and pioneer in transparent communication!
- ZDHC MRSL, Monday, October 23 at 10:00pm MT
- Nike’s new flyleather brings cowskin into the 21st century, Wired
- Can performance and sustainability coexist in apparel, Sourcing Journal (subscription required)
- End of life should front of mind at design stage, just-style
Subscribe to Sustainability Snapshot
Get an email reminder when we have a new Sustainability Snapshot published.