OIA Sustainability Working Group – Sustainability Snapshot
Week of June 26, 2017
Exposure Matters! Evaluating risks for outdoor industry products – Webinar Recording
You can find the slides and recording here for reference. To stay in the loop on future webinars and other outputs from the Outdoor Industry Association’s Chemicals Management Working Group, join our community, here (register, then request to join the CMWG): https://outdoorindustryassociation.force.com/swg/s/
Microfibers Task Force Call Recording
You can find the recording here. To stay in the loop on future webinars and other outputs from the Outdoor Industry Association’s Microfibers Task Force, join our community, here (register, then request to join the Microfibers Task Force): https://outdoorindustryassociation.force.com/swg/s/
Textile Exchange – Wool, Leather, and Cotton Updates
- Responsible Wool Standard: The recording of the June 20th RWS call can be found here. All of these items are also available at http://responsiblewool.org/rws-governance-groups/. Contact TE if you would be interested in joining the RWS Advisory Group or one of the Technical Committees
- Responsible Leather – Slide decks and notes from the June 19th call can be found here.
- A Fact Sheet on Organic Cotton – Lower Impacts for Agriculture and Apparel Industries: Textile Exchange has just released a new resource, Quick Guide to Organic Cotton, which provides an overview of the positive impacts of organic cotton, including frequently asked questions and supporting facts that indicate organic cotton is the preferred fiber choice compared to its chemically produced counterpart.
Reminder from the Sustainable Apparel Coalition: Download all Higg data between now and July 14
- Download your own modules and your connections’ modules
- Guide on how to download module data: https://apparelcoalition.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115006165068-Platform-Guide-How-to-View-Connections-Modules
Locking accounts/activity on Schneider platform starting after July 14
- All module data must be downloaded from the current platform by this date
- Exception: If you signed up for early renewal or are going through verification, your account will remain active through October 31
- Note: SAC will have a full backup of all module data
Quality Team Expertise Needed for Higg Index Footprinting Tool
The Sustainable Apparel Coalition needs your Quality Experts to help understand:
- The best tests to use related to longevity
- Appropriate thresholds for these tests
- Different testing requirements in different regions
Why they should get involved:
- Your company is future respondent PEF legislation and users of the Footprinting Tool
- You want to make sure your products are well represented in methodology
- The industry and consumers will learn from this tool how quality has direct links to sustainability
Join Us for a More Descriptive Introduction Please join the SAC for a webinar to learn more and help us plan. We will want to get your input on the best approach to do this together. Webinar Date: July 11th, 2017
- Americas/EMEA:8 am MT: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/ff3987e64cbc74247c24e00bf0acd2b8
- Americas/APAC: 6 pm MT: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/035001f34530148666858a512
Have you registered for the OIA Sustainability Working Group Meetings at ORSM yet?
- Sustainability Working Group Meetings: July 24th 2017
The meetings are free of charge, but registration is required.
- Sustainability Insights Conference: July 25th 2017
Free for SWG Leadership members (contact Nikki for your comp code). Discounted rate for OIA members. Includes ticket to Outsiders Ball!
- Sponsored by EcoTextile — Chemicals: The Good, The Bad and The Future. How To Proactively Manage Chemicals for Textiles, Apparel, and Footwear, Wednesday, June 28, 10:00 am MT
- Six Classes Webinar from Green Science Policy Institute: Flame Retardants, Bisphenols & Phthalates, Thursday, June 29, 12:00pm MT
- CanopyStyle, Burberry Further Mainstreaming Sustainable Textiles, Sustainable Brands
- Consumer Goods Forum Shares Best Practices to Eradicate Forced Labor from Global Supply Chains, Sustainable Brands
- Concerns raised that PFC-free DWRs contain palm oil, EcoTextile News (subscription required)
- Earthcolors by Archroma Receives OutDoor Industry Award 2017, Archroma
Subscribe to Sustainability Snapshot
Get an email reminder when we have a new Sustainability Snapshot published.