OIA Sustainability Working Group – Sustainability Snapshot
Week of July 3, 2017
Five Reasons You Should Attend the Sustainability Insights Conference
Do you subscribe to “Sourcing Journal” and “EcoTextile News”? Do you use terms like “regrettable substitution,” “fabric shedding,” and “marker efficiency?” Do you want to join a band of like-minded industry professionals working to establish the best possible sustainability practices in our shared supply chains? Do you really enjoy a good continental breakfast at the Marriott? Any or all of those are good reasons to register for the OIA Sustainability Insights Conference on July 25, at Outdoor Retailer Summer Market. Need a few more? Ask, and you shall receive.
Reminder from the Sustainable Apparel Coalition: Download all Higg data between now and July 14
- Download your own modules and your connections’ modules
- Guide on how to download module data: https://apparelcoalition.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115006165068-Platform-Guide-How-to-View-Connections-Modules
Locking accounts/activity on Schneider platform starting after July 14
- All module data must be downloaded from the current platform by this date
- Exception: If you signed up for early renewal or are going through verification, your account will remain active through October 31
- Note: SAC will have a full backup of all module data
Quality Team Expertise Needed for Higg Index Footprinting Tool
The Sustainable Apparel Coalition needs your Quality Experts to help understand:
- The best tests to use related to longevity
- Appropriate thresholds for these tests
- Different testing requirements in different regions
Why they should get involved:
- Your company is future respondent PEF legislation and users of the Footprinting Tool
- You want to make sure your products are well represented in methodology
- The industry and consumers will learn from this tool how quality has direct links to sustainability
Join Us for a More Descriptive Introduction Please join the SAC for a webinar to learn more and help us plan. We will want to get your input on the best approach to do this together. Webinar Date: July 11th, 2017
- Americas/EMEA:8 am MT: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/ff3987e64cbc74247c24e00bf0acd2b8
- Americas/APAC: 6 pm MT: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/035001f34530148666858a512
Missed it last week?
- Exposure Matters! Evaluating risks for outdoor industry products – Webinar Recording: You can find the slides and recording herefor reference. To stay in the loop on future webinars and other outputs from the Outdoor Industry Association’s Chemicals Management Working Group, join our community, here (register, then request to join the CMWG): https://outdoorindustryassociation.force.com/swg/s/
- Microfibers Task Force Call Recording: You can find the recording here. To stay in the loop on future webinars and other outputs from the Outdoor Industry Association’s Microfibers Task Force, join our community, here (register, then request to join the Microfibers Task Force): https://outdoorindustryassociation.force.com/swg/s/
- Textile Exchange: Responsible Wool Standard: The recording of the June 20thRWS call can be found here.
- Textile Exchange: Responsible Leather – Slide decks and notes from the June 19th call can be found here.
- Sustainable Apparel Coalition: Duration of Service in the Product Footprint Tool, Tuesday, July 11th, 8:00 am MT
- OIA SWG Meeting Prep Call – What to Expect at OR Summer Market 2017, Wednesday, July 19, 10:00am MT
- Five Reasons You Should Attend the Sustainability Insights Conference, OIA
- India visualizes ‘waterless textile industry,’ EcoTextile News (subscription required)
- Blast in Bangladesh garment factory kills 10, investigation underway, Reuters
Subscribe to Sustainability Snapshot
Get an email reminder when we have a new Sustainability Snapshot published.