OIA Sustainability Working Group – Sustainability Snapshot
Week of July 17, 2017
Outdoor Retailer Summer Market is next week and we’re looking forward to seeing all of you! See below for your Outdoor Retailer SWG checklist.
July 19, 2017: What to Expect: Register for Wednesday’s SWG Meeting Prep Call at 10:00 am MT to get the low down on everything you need to know.
Register for the SWG Meetings and the Sustainability Insights Conference: It’s not too late to register for the meetings or the conference. Need a few incentives to sign up? Five Reasons You Should Attend the Sustainability Insights Conference
- Sustainability Working Group Meetings: July 24th 2017
The meetings are free of charge, but registration is required.
- Sustainability Insights Conference: July 25th 2017
Free for SWG Leadership members (contact Nikki for your comp code). Discounted rate for OIA members. Includes ticket to Outsiders Ball!
Can You Higg It? Yes you can. And should. We’ll be helping businesses get more sustainable at Outdoor Retailer. It’s a mission that starts with the Higg Index. Here’s a look at how Higg Index adopters are doing so far and how you can learn more at Outdoor Retailer.
You’re Invited: Marketing the Higg Index: Selling your Supply Chain Smarts: Please join us for a roundtable discussion at Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2017 on Friday, July 28th, 800- 930AM. OIA will be convening industry marketing and sustainability professionals to discuss the following:
- Knowing what you know, what are the most compelling aspects of the Higg Index that you can share with consumers?
- How would you bring it to life?
- What are the shared tools OIA and the Sustainability Working Group can provide to aid your storytelling efforts?
- How can marketers continue to work together (like their product peers)?
- PLEASE RSVP by emailing Nikki Hodgson at email@example.com
OIA Industry Lunch: Designing With Repair In Mind, Friday, July 28, 11:30 a.m.–1:00 p.m.—Marriott Downtown at City Creek, Salon D. Repairing outdoor gear since 1986, Rainy Pass Repair has seen its fair share of gear failures and has learned quite a bit about what works and what doesn’t when it comes to maintaining and repairing outdoor gear. Join us for this hour-long seminar to hear from the repair experts about what they’ve learned from over 30 years of repairing gear and how to design for durability and repair.
Missed it Last Week? The SAC is looking for quality team expertise for the Higg Index Footprinting Tool. Access the call recording and get more information here. Contact Nikki if you have trouble accessing.
What’s new at OIA? OIA has a new Sustainable Business Innovation Manager. The OIA SBI team is excited to welcome Jessie Curry as our newest team member. Jessie brings six years of experience in Brand Marketing, Corporate Responsibility & Community Engagement from private & nonprofit sectors and most recently hails from Portland, Oregon where she worked for OIA SWG Member, Nau Clothing. She holds a dual degree in Apparel Design and Merchandising Management from Oregon State University and remains driven to support industry’s collaborative efforts in environmental equity. We’re thrilled to have her on board and hope you’ll join us in welcoming her to the team!
- OIA SWG Meeting Prep Call – What to Expect at OR Summer Market 2017, Wednesday, July 19, 10:00am MT
- #BusinessCase: REI proves values-first approach leads to longevity, Sustainable Brands
- Should brands foot the bill when suppliers go bust? EcoTextile News (subscription required)
- Tesco reveals new plans to axe toxic chemicals, slash building emissions Sustainable Brands
- Can You Higg It, OIA
Subscribe to Sustainability Snapshot
Get an email reminder when we have a new Sustainability Snapshot published.