OIA Sustainability Working Group – Sustainability Snapshot
Week of November 27, 2017
Getting Started: Chemicals Management, Wednesday, November 29, 10:00-10:30 am MT What is chemicals management and why does it matter to your brand? Where do you start? Learn more about the foundational actions you can take to establish and continue to advance a robust chemicals management program.
- Featuring John Frazier (Hohenstein) & Patrick McCluskey (NEMO Equipment)
- Access the Chemicals Management: Getting Started Guide for Brands
- Register for the webinar
Textile Exchange: Responsible Wool Standard Stakeholder Meeting Notes
For those of you who missed this call last week, meeting slides, notes, and recording are available at http://responsiblewool.org/iwg/.
Outdoor Retailer and SWG Events: What to expect moving forward
As the tradeshow dates are transitioning, so are we! In 2019, OIA will likely be focusing on the July and November shows as the main venues for OIA programming. In the future we will likely partner with SIA on programming for Winter Market, and our main events will take place in the summer and fall. In the meantime, 2018 is a transition year and we will be programming all three shows. While we are still determining the details, we wanted to let you know our high level plans for this year!
- January, 2018: Two full days of SWG meetings on January 23 and 24 (see below for agenda and registration info)
- July, 2018: Rollout of the Sustainability Trends Report and the Higg Index 2017 benchmarking data. SWG meetings will be held on an as needed basis on the Sunday before the show.
- November, 2018: Two full days of SWG programming, including the Sustainability Insights Conference.
Register for the OIA Sustainability Working Group Meetings at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market: Registration for the OIA SWG Meetings at OR Winter Market is now open! OIA’s Sustainability Working Group wants to make environmental and social best practices in the supply chain a core value in the outdoor industry. The two days prior to Outdoor Retailer will be dedicated to sustainability working group meetings. Please join us for these education packed and fun filled days.
When: January 23 -24, 2018
Where: Denver, Colorado (hotel venue TBD)
Cost: Free! However, registration is still required.
Higg Index Access Reminders for Facilities and Brands: The Higg Facility Environmental Module (Higg FEM 3.0) has launched). Facilities who previously had a Higg.org account can now access the new higg.org platform. All other facilities and brands must wait until December 1 to access. See last week’s Snapshot for more details.
Missed it last week?
- Getting Started: Sustainable Materials & MEC Case study: Recording Now Available:
- You can access the webinar recording and the slide deck on the OIA Sustainability Working Group community platform:https://outdoorindustryassociation.force.com/swg/s/feed/0D53600002W1mstCAB (If you do not have access to the platform, please contact us at email@example.com)
- You can access the Getting Started Guides for free on the OIA website.
- Sustainable Materials Getting Started Guide:https://outdoorindustry.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Sustainable-Materials-v3-1.pdf
- MEC “Case-let”:https://outdoorindustry.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/MEC-Caselet-v2-1.pdf
- Getting Started: Chemicals Management, Wednesday, November 29, 10:00-10:30 am MT
- Deep Dive: Chemicals Management Guide & Training for Manufacturers, Wednesday, December 6, 10-11am MT
- Textile Exchange: Responsible Wool Standard Supply Chain Certification Webinar, Thursday, December 7, 8:00am MT
- AkzoNobel’s Startup Challenge Imagine Chemistry: Advancing Sustainability Through Collaborative Innovation, Tue, Dec 12, 2017 11:00 am – 12:00 pm MT
- Fast Fashion: A burning issue, EcoTextile News (subscription required)
- Decathlon sustainability aims on track, EcoTextile News (subscription required)
- The Dirty Secret Hiding in Your Carbon Mountain Bike, Outside
- Third Year of REI’s #OptOutside Movement Gives the Power to the People, Sustainable Brands
Subscribe to Sustainability Snapshot
Get an email reminder when we have a new Sustainability Snapshot published.