OIA Sustainability Working Group – Sustainability Snapshot
Week of November 20, 2017
Getting Started: Sustainable Materials & MEC Case study: Recording Now Available
- You can access the webinar recording and the slide deck on the OIA Sustainability Working Group community platform:https://force.com/swg/s/feed/0D53600002W1mstCAB (If you do not have access to the platform, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- You can access the Getting Started Guides for free on the OIA website.
- Sustainable Materials Getting Started Guide:https://outdoorindustry.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Sustainable-Materials-v3-1.pdf
- MEC “Case-let”:https://outdoorindustry.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/MEC-Caselet-v2-1.pdf
- Don’t forget to register for the next two webinars in the “Digging into Sustainability: Tactical Tools for Your Brand” series. You can find descriptions and registration links at:https://outdoorindustry.org/article/webinar-digging-sustainability/
Outdoor Retailer and SWG Events: What to expect moving forward
As the tradeshow dates are transitioning, so are we! In 2019, OIA will likely be focusing on the July and November shows as the main venues for OIA programming. In the future we will likely partner with SIA on programming for Winter Market, and our main events will take place in the summer and fall. In the meantime, 2018 is a transition year and we will be programming all three shows. While we are still determining the details, we wanted to let you know our high level plans for this year!
- January, 2018: Two full days of SWG meetings on January 23 and 24 (see below for agenda and registration info)
- July, 2018: Rollout of the Sustainability Trends Report and the Higg Index 2017 benchmarking data. SWG meetings will be held on an as needed basis on the Sunday before the show.
- November, 2018: Two full days of SWG programming, including the Sustainability Insights Conference.
Register for the OIA Sustainability Working Group Meetings at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market: Registration for the OIA SWG Meetings at OR Winter Market is now open! OIA’s Sustainability Working Group wants to make environmental and social best practices in the supply chain a core value in the outdoor industry. The two days prior to Outdoor Retailer will be dedicated to sustainability working group meetings. Please join us for these education packed and fun filled days.
When: January 23 -24, 2018
Where: Denver, Colorado (hotel venue TBD)
Cost: Free! However, registration is still required.
Higg FEM 3.0 Reminders: The Higg Facility Environmental Module (Higg FEM 3.0) has launched). Facilities who previously had a Higg.org account can now access the new higg.org platform. All other facilities and brands must wait until December 1 to access. See last week’s Snapshot for more details.
Missed it last week?
- New Report from GreenBlue on PET Textile Recycling: Access the recently released report from GreenBlue that examines the opportunities and challenges of recycling pre and post-consumer PET textiles in the context of four industry sectors: apparel, contract textiles, carpet, and contract office furniture. “Chemical Recycling: Making Fiber to Fiber Recycling a Reality for Polyester Textiles.”
- Textile Exchange Responsible Leather Updates: For those who were unable to participate in the recent Textile Exchange Responsible Leather Stakeholder call, the meeting notes, presentation slides, and a recording of the call can be found at: https://responsibleleather.org/meeting-notes/.
- Getting Started: Chemicals Management, Wednesday, November 29, 10:00-10:30 am MT
- Deep Dive: Chemicals Management Guide & Training for Manufacturers, Wednesday, December 6, 10-11am MT
- AkzoNobel’s Startup Challenge Imagine Chemistry: Advancing Sustainability Through Collaborative Innovation, Tue, Dec 12, 2017 11:00 am – 12:00 pm MT
- Webinar series: Digging into Sustainability, OIA Outdoorist
- Levi Strauss makes climate change a focus, EcoTextile News (subscription required)
- C40 Calls for Public-Private Collaboration to Create Sustainable, Carbon-Neutral Cities, Sustainable Brands
Subscribe to Sustainability Snapshot
Get an email reminder when we have a new Sustainability Snapshot published.