OIA Sustainability Working Group – Sustainability Snapshot
Week of November 6, 2017
OIA Sustainability Working Group Meetings Outdoor Retailer Winter Market
Registration for the OIA SWG Meetings at OR Winter Market is now open! OIA’s Sustainability Working Group wants to make environmental and social best practices in the supply chain a core value in the outdoor industry. The two days prior to Outdoor Retailer will be dedicated to sustainability working group meetings. Please join us for these education packed and fun filled days.
When: January 23 -24, 2018
Where: Denver, Colorado (hotel venue TBD)
Cost: Free! However, registration is still required.
Higg FEM 3.0 Launch and Higg.org Access: The Higg Facility Environmental Module (Higg FEM 3.0) launched last week! Here are a few points about access for facilities, brands, and retailers.
Higg.org Access Schedule:
- November: Facilities previously on Higg.org invited into the new platform. .
- December: Brands and retailers will now be invited. Facilities new to Higg,org (those who never accessed our old platform) will have access through open registration at this point.
- January: All others invited (academics, NGOs, government members, SME access etc).
If you haven’t already joined the outdoor industry Higg Index adoption group, you can do so here. Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions or for access to the working group space.
Higg Index Access for Facilities: If you previously had a Higg.org account, you should have already received an invitation
- How do I set up/renew my account? If you previously had a Higg.org account, you should have already received an invitation.
- When can I begin the Facility Environmental Module? Now!
- I have additional questions. You can find frequently asked questions about Higg FEM here or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Higg Index Access for Brands
- When can brands access Higg.org? Brands will be able to access the new higg.org platform beginning in December. This will allow time for facilities to set up accounts first, so they do not receive redundant registration requests from brands and retailers.
- How do I set up/renew my account? If you are an OIA member and would like to set up/renew your Higg.org account, please contact us at email@example.com with “Higg Index Access” in the subject line and we will notify the Sustainable Apparel Coalition, who will then invoice you with the discount applied (10% discount for OIA members under $100 million annual revenue and 50% discount for SWG Leadership Members under $500 million revenue). Once you’ve been invoiced, you will receive a registration link and a coupon code from the Sustainable Apparel Coalition that will enable you to set up your company’s Higg.org account.
- When can I begin my Brand Environmental Module? Spring 2018
- I have additional questions. You can find frequently asked questions about higg.org here or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Social and & Labor Convergence Project: Public Consultation
The Social and & Labor Convergence Project (SLCP) –www.slconvergence.org will launch an online public consultation aimed at gathering inputs from external stakeholders on its assessment framework. The consultation will run from November 6, 2017 to December 4, 2017. View the announcement and invitation here.
- Green Chemistry & Commerce Council – Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) Reporting: How it Intersects with Green Chemistry, Tuesday, November 14, 12:00pm MT
- These Companies Are Making Strides to Extend Clothing Life to Curb Textile Waste, Sourcing Journal (subscription required)
- First fleece to ‘not shed’ microplastics, EcoTextile News (subscription required)
Subscribe to Sustainability Snapshot
Get an email reminder when we have a new Sustainability Snapshot published.