OIA Sustainability Working Group – Sustainability Snapshot
Week of December 18, 2017
OIA Sustainability Working Group Wins Colorado Collaboration Award:
The OIA Sustainability Working Group was awarded the Collaboration in Industry Award by the Colorado Business Roundtable earlier this month! The award recognizes companies and organizations in the Colorado community who have gone above and beyond to demonstrate collaboration with others to make an impact in the business ecosystem of Colorado. The OIA Sustainability Working Group won the manufacturing category. Thank you all for your hard work, leadership, and dedication. This award is celebrating YOU and all you do to advance the best environmental and social responsibility practices.
Outdoor Retailer and SWG Events: What to expect moving forward:
As the tradeshow dates are transitioning, so are we! In 2019, OIA will likely be focusing on the July and November shows as the main venues for OIA programming. In the future we will likely partner with SIA on programming for Winter Market, and our main events will take place in the summer and fall. In the meantime, 2018 is a transition year and we will be programming all three shows. While we are still determining the details, we wanted to let you know our high level plans for this year!
- January, 2018: Two full days of SWG meetings on January 23 and 24 (see below for agenda and registration info)
- July, 2018: Rollout of the Sustainability Trends Report and the Higg Index 2017 benchmarking data. SWG meetings will be held on an as needed basis on the Sunday before the show.
- November, 2018: Two full days of SWG programming, including the Sustainability Insights Conference.
Join the OIA Sustainable Business Marketing Working Group:
For 10 years the Sustainability Working Group has collaborated amongst more than 150 outdoor brands, retailers, suppliers and other stakeholder organizations to work to identify and implement better business practices throughout our shared supply chains. How do brands tell the story of supply chain sustainability in a way that is compelling to their customers? How we make sustainability part of the value proposition? Join your marketing and communications peers to discuss these topics and more through our online platform. Access is free.
Science Based Targets Call to Action Commitment Letter:
Science Based Targets is a joint initiative by CDP, the UN Global Compact, the World Resources Institute and WWF that aims to raise corporate ambition and help businesses pursue bolder solutions to climate change. The initiative supports companies to set emission reduction targets in line with the level of decarbonization required to keep global temperature increase below 2°C compared to pre-industrial temperatures, as described in the latest Assessment Reports of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).
Signing the commitment letter below indicates that your company will work to set a science-based emission reduction target aligned with the Science Based Targets Initiative’s eligibility criteria. Learn more here.
Register for the OIA Sustainability Working Group Meetings at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market:
Registration for the OIA SWG Meetings at OR Winter Market is now open! OIA’s Sustainability Working Group wants to make environmental and social best practices in the supply chain a core value in the outdoor industry. The two days prior to Outdoor Retailer will be dedicated to sustainability working group meetings. Please join us for these education packed and fun filled days.
When: January 23 -24, 2018 Where: Hyatt Regency, Denver, Colorado Cost: Free! However, registration is still required. Agenda: Review the agenda here and register today!
Missed it last week?
- Digging into Sustainability: Tactical tools for your brand” webinar series recordings available. See last week’s snapshot for full webinar descriptions, recordings, and links to the Getting Started Guides.
- Textile Exchange Responsible Wool Standard: Supply Chain Certification Webinar. Access the slides and recording.
- Study to identify source of textile microfibre pollution, EcoTextile News (subscription required)
- ZDHC scaling up with new ‘Implementation Hub’, just-style
Subscribe to Sustainability Snapshot Get an email reminder when we have a new Sustainability Snapshot published.