OIA Sustainability Working Group – Sustainability Snapshot
Week of December 11, 2017
“Digging into Sustainability: Tactical tools for your brand” Thank you to all who attended this webinar series to learn more about implementing sustainable materials and chemicals management programs. These webinars formally introduced the Getting Started Guides—collaboratively developed by the OIA Sustainability Working Group and intended to provide guidance and training for both brands and suppliers. We hope you learned from outdoor industry brands who have been implementing successful sustainable materials and chemicals management programs and gained insight on how to establish or improve your own. If you were unable to attend the webinars or would like to reference them, you can access the recordings and the guides below:
- Deep Dive: Chemicals Management Guide & Training for Manufacturers: For brands that already have clear chemicals management supply chain policies in place, the Chemicals Management Guide & Training for Manufacturers is for you. OIA has partnered with Sumerra and several collaborating brands to create this free, comprehensive and publicly available tool that takes shape through a reference manual, training modules and activities. Learn more about why and how this guidance was created, intended usage and examples, and your opportunities to provide feedback.
- Access the recording and slide deck on the OIA Sustainability Working Group community platform: (If you do not have access to the platform, please contact us email@example.com)
- As covered in the webinar, you have free access to OIA’s new tool, Chemicals Management Guide & Training for Manufacturers
- Getting Started: Chemicals Management: What is chemicals management and why does it matter to your brand? Where do you start? Learn more about the foundational actions you can
- Getting Started: Sustainable Materials & MEC Case study: From humble beginnings, MEC has developed a successful sustainable materials program. Learn more about the steps it took to evolve the program into what it is today and how to get your program off the ground and running.
Higg Index Access Updates:
Higg.org registration is now open to all new and existing facilities for $100 per facility; member brands and retailers can now gain access to Higg.org.
Register for the OIA Sustainability Working Group Meetings at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market: Registration for the OIA SWG Meetings at OR Winter Market is now open! OIA’s Sustainability Working Group wants to make environmental and social best practices in the supply chain a core value in the outdoor industry. The two days prior to Outdoor Retailer will be dedicated to sustainability working group meetings. Please join us for these education packed and fun filled days.
When: January 23 -24, 2018
Where: Denver, Colorado (hotel venue TBD)
Cost: Free! However, registration is still required.
Missed it last week?
- OIA Responds: ARE GEAR PRICES RISING?Yes, and…so are environmental, social, innovation, durability and sustainability standards. We think those are improvements worth paying for. https://outdoorindustry.org/article/gear-prices-rising-yes/
- AkzoNobel’s Startup Challenge Imagine Chemistry: Advancing Sustainability Through Collaborative Innovation, Tue, Dec 12, 2017 11:00 am – 12:00 pm MT
- Hohenstein Institute: Traceability of GMO-free cotton from the seed to the shirt, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 10:00am MT
- Improved Resource Efficiency Signals Major Win for Circularity in Fashion, Carpet, Steel, Sustainable Brands
- UN resolves to end ocean plastic waste, Deutsche Welle
- VF sets new sustainability and responsibility goals, just-style