OIA Sustainability Working Group – Sustainability Snapshot
Week of December 4, 2017
Deep Dive: Chemicals Management Guide & Training for Manufacturers, Wednesday, December 6, 10-11am MT
For brands that already have clear chemicals management supply chain policies in place, the Chemicals Management Guide & Training for Manufacturers is for you. OIA has partnered with Sumerra and several collaborating brands to create this free, comprehensive and publicly available tool that takes shape through a reference manual, training modules and activities. Learn more about why and how this guidance was created, intended usage and examples, and your opportunities to provide feedback.
- Featuring Todd Copeland (Patagonia), Mitch Krauss (Burton) & Michael Andrew (Sumerra)
- Register for the webinar
Higg Index Access Updates: Beginning December 4, Higg.org registration is open to all new and existing facilities for $100 per facility; member brands and retailers can now gain access to Higg.org. If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you haven’t already joined the outdoor industry Higg Index adoption group, you can do so here.
Register for the OIA Sustainability Working Group Meetings at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market: Registration for the OIA SWG Meetings at OR Winter Market is now open! OIA’s Sustainability Working Group wants to make environmental and social best practices in the supply chain a core value in the outdoor industry. The two days prior to Outdoor Retailer will be dedicated to sustainability working group meetings. Please join us for these education packed and fun filled days.
When: January 23 -24, 2018
Where: Denver, Colorado (hotel venue TBD)
Cost: Free! However, registration is still required.
Missed it last week?
- Getting Started: Chemicals Management: Recording Now Available:
- You can access the webinar recording and the slide deck on the OIA Sustainability Working Group community platform: https://outdoorindustryassociation.force.com/swg/s/feed/0D53600002aRACICA4 (If you do not have access to the platform, please contact us at email@example.com)
- You can access the Getting Started Guides for free on the OIA website.
- Chemicals Management Getting Started Guide: https://outdoorindustry.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Chemical-Management-v2-1.pdf
- Textile Exchange: Responsible Wool Standard Stakeholder Meeting Notes: For those of you who missed this call last week, meeting slides, notes, and recording are available at http://responsiblewool.org/iwg/.
OIA Responds: ARE GEAR PRICES RISING?
Yes, and…so are environmental, social, innovation, durability and sustainability standards. We think those are improvements worth paying for. https://outdoorindustry.org/article/gear-prices-rising-yes/
- Deep Dive: Chemicals Management Guide & Training for Manufacturers, Wednesday, December 6, 10-11am MT
- Textile Exchange: Responsible Wool Standard Supply Chain Certification Webinar, Thursday, December 7, 8:00am MT
- AkzoNobel’s Startup Challenge Imagine Chemistry: Advancing Sustainability Through Collaborative Innovation, Tue, Dec 12, 2017 11:00 am – 12:00 pm MT
- Hohenstein Institute: Traceability of GMO-free cotton from the seed to the shirt, Thursday, December 14, 2017, 10:00am MT
- Port of Port Angeles breaks ground on composites recycling center, CompositesWorld
- SAC seeks Higg engagement surge, EcoTextile News (subscription required)
- VF fuels fur free fashion future, EcoTextile News (subscription required)
- Circular Fibers Report Calls for a New Textiles Economy, Environment Leader
Subscribe to Sustainability Snapshot
Get an email reminder when we have a new Sustainability Snapshot published.