Act Now: Showcase Our Industry; Amplify Obama’s Yosemite Visit #ElPrezatElCap
Showcase the power of the outdoor industry and our collective voice. Give credit and thanks where it's due.
Our nation’s Outdoorist-in-Chief, President Obama, is heading to two National Parks this weekend to celebrate the National Parks Centennial and explore our country’s beautiful outdoor heritage by going for a hike and spending Father’s Day with his family in the parks. Since taking office, President Obama has protected more than 265 million acres of land and water—more than any other administration. Much of it is used for outdoor recreation.
We’re sending the #OIAroadshow crew out to Yosemite to cover the event—but we want to tap into the power of the entire outdoor industry to show President Obama how much we value his commitment to protecting public lands and highlighting the outdoor recreation economy. No president has recognized outdoor recreation’s impact on healthy communities and healthy economies to this extent. In order to amplify President Obama’s message, we’re asking you to highlight our industry this weekend through your company and personal social media channels, emails to your customers and messaging on your webpages.
Here are some messages you can share via your social media and email channels leading up to and during the president’s visit to the parks, but feel free to make them your own and incorporate your brand:
Wednesday, June 15 and Thursday, June 16
- Looking forward to @POTUS visiting Yosemite this weekend. #FindYourPark #ElPrezatElCap
- Thank you @BarackObama for protecting more land and water than any president for outdoor recreation. #FindYourPark #ElPrezatElCap
- 265 million acres of land and water protected by @POTUS. Thank you, President Obama, for your work to protect the outdoors. #ElPrezatElCap
- Can’t wait for this weekend when @POTUS comes to Yosemite to celebrate #NPS100. #ElPrezatElCap
Friday, June 17th
- $646 billion in outdoor rec spending annually, that’s a big deal. Thanks @POTUS for supporting the #outdoorindustry! #ElPrezatElCap
- Access to the outdoors is key to our growing outdoor rec economy. Thanks @POTUS for your help making it easier to get outside! #ElPrezatElCap
- .@POTUS & @SecretaryJewell are counting outdoor recreation jobs as part of national GDP for the first time! They get it. #ElPrezatElCap
Saturday, June 18th
- .@BarackObama wants more kids to have an #outdoor experience, and I do too. #EveryKidinaPark #ElPrezatElCap
- Outdoor rec and $646 billion recreation economy depends on our land, water and stable climate. #ActOnClimate #ElPrezatElCap
- I support getting #EveryKidinaPark. Thank you, @POTUS, for your efforts to get youth outdoors. #ElPrezatElCap
Want to get graphic?
Download these images and attach to your social post to generate even more engagement. Did you know tweets with photos get 313% more engagement?
Follow @OIA’s trip to Yosemite to see @POTUS on his National Parks adventure and tag @OIA on Twitter, and @OutdoorIndustry on Instagram, so we can retweet and share your messages with the White House.