ACT NOW: Ask Your Followers to Protect National Monuments
Share your message far and wide with this social media toolkit designed to encourage your fans to take action.
Use this social media toolkit to show your customers that your business/organization values access to outdoor recreation around the country. Check out the tips below so as an industry we can build momentum and increase the number of comments sent to the Department of the Interior.
A few things to keep in mind when activating your social followers,
- The WHY: In your post, make sure to explain that public lands, including, national monuments, are critical to your business. They support 7.6 million American jobs and generate $887 billion in consumer spending, but access to our shared public lands is the right of every American. It’s essential that your customers know why you oppose changes to existing monuments and the Antiquities Act.
- Make It Personal: Your customers are more likely to connect with what you have to say if you share a story they can relate to. Do you have a special connection to a particular monument? Let your customers know what that monument means to you.
- Keep it simple: We built this handy comment portal to make it easy for you and your customers to file comments. All you need to do is share your message and ask your followers to get involved. Be sure to include this link to the public comment portal in your posts.
Use some of the suggested messages below or craft your own. Feel free to edit these messages and add your brand voice.
Suggested Facebook posts:
- It’s YOUR turn to take part in the democratic process. Tell the Department of the Interior why national monuments are important to you and ask your friends and family to do the same. It only takes 60 seconds. Comment here: bit.ly/2r721x5
- The places we hike, fish, camp, climb, bike and enjoy the outdoors are threatened. Take 60 seconds to send a message to the Department of the Interior and tell them why national monuments are important to you. bit.ly/2r721x5
- 6 million American jobs depend on national monuments and other protected public lands. Take 60 seconds to tell the Department of the Interior to protect American jobs and national monuments now. bit.ly/2r721x5
- Do you have 60 seconds for national monuments?
Tell the Department of the Interior why national monuments are important to you. You have until July 10 to send a comment. It only takes 60 seconds. bit.ly/2r721x5
- ACTION ALERT: Your national monuments are at stake! Take 60 sec to tell @interior to protect them now. bit.ly/2r721x5
- National monuments are essential to healthy communities & economies. Take 60 sec to tell @interior to protect them. bit.ly/2r721x5
- 7.6 million American jobs depend on #outdoorrecreation. Tell @interior to protect them! bit.ly/2r721x5
- It’s your turn to speak up! Take 60 seconds to tell @interior to protect your national monuments & American heritage. bit.ly/2r721x5
- Defend the places you hike, camp & recreate. Tell @interior why national monuments are important to you. bit.ly/2r721x5
Add a Photo
Make your voice louder by including a photo in your post. Social media posts with photos get 89 percent more clicks than posts without photos. You can use a photo of your favorite national monument or one of ours below.
If you have any questions or would like some tips for tailoring your social media message, reach out to Amanda Markert at firstname.lastname@example.org.