OIA Sustainability Working Group – Sustainability Snapshot
Week of May 22, 2017
**Higg Index – May 31st absolute deadline for all modules! May 31st is the absolute last chance to post a module. After this date you will not be able to begin or post a module. Not sure where to start? Have a few questions? Follow the Higg Index discussion group or email email@example.com**
Higg Index Renewal and Pricing for OIA Members
How to renew your Higg.org account: options for renewal and pricing FAQ. Over the past few months we have been working hard with the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC) to finalize the details around Higg Index renewal options and pricing for OIA members. We are extremely excited to be able to share these details with you now! Please see below for two renewal options as well as the link to a detailed FAQ document.
SWG Leadership Members will receive a significant discount on Higg Index access; please see the FAQ below for all benefits and details.
If you are not an SAC member, you will need to take action to renew your account using one of the two options below.
Option 1: Early Payment: If you submit payment anytime now through July 31, 2017, you will maintain uninterrupted access to the current Higg 2.0 platform, and your access will run through August 31, 2018 (including access to the new Higg 3.0 platform in early November 2017). The benefits of this option are:
- 3 free additional months of Higg.org access.
- Uninterrupted access to all data and features available on the Higg 2.0 platform, with the exception of starting and posting a new module.
- You will also maintain access to the Higg Product Tools at product.higg.org.
IMPORTANT: If you choose this option, you will need to opt-in by June 2 by sending an email to Nikki Hodgson (firstname.lastname@example.org). All members who opt-in will receive an invoice from SAC in accordance with OIA General or Leadership Member status in June 2017 requesting payment in order to continue access.
Option 2: Fall 2017 Payment: Invoices will be issued in September 2017 to all existing Higg.org accounts not yet renewed in accordance with OIA General or Leadership Member status, and must be paid by October 31, 2017 to gain access to the new Higg Index 3.0 platform (registration for this platform is scheduled to open in early November 2017). Access will run for exactly one year from date of payment received. Access will not be granted or activated until payment is received by the SAC.
IMPORTANT: If you choose to defer access until the fall, it’s a good idea to download all of your module data since that will be the only way you can view it until HIgg.org access is re-started (data will never be deleted from the system, so all profile, module, connections data, etc. will be there once payment is submitted and access is re-instated)
Questions? Please review this FAQ document to see the answers to the following questions, FIRST. Contact Nikki Hodgson (email@example.com) if you have additional questions.
- What are the annual costs to access the Higg Index online platform for OIA brand and retailer members after the trial period ends on May 31, 2017?
- Aside from significantly discounted Higg Index access, what are the benefits of becoming an SWG Leadership Member and how do I join?
- What if I’m not a Sustainability Working Group (SWG) Leadership Member?
- What is included in Higg Index access for OIA brand and retailer members?
- How (and when) will payment be collected from OIA brand and retailer members?
- What if I’m a brand/retailer over $500 million?
- I’m a supplier/manufacturer member of OIA. How much does it cost for me to access the Higg Index Facility Module?
- What are the annual costs for non-OIA member facilities to access the Facility Module?
- What if I’m not an OIA member?
Where is the OIA Sustainable Business Team? We’re currently in India for the Sustainable Apparel Coalition meetings. Please excuse the delay in response until we’re back in the office after May 29. We’ll be documenting our adventures on both Twitter and Instagram so be sure to follow us there!
Twitter: @BethOIAsustain, @NikkiOIAsustain, @OIA
Instagram: @bethejensen, @nikkitravels, @outdoorindustry
Missed it last week?
- Benefits of chrome-free leather versus leather processes that use chrome III? Join the discussion here.
Lenzing: Sustainability and Fiber Innovation Webinar (Hosted by Textile Exchange ), June 8, 2017 9:00am MDT Lenzing recently showcased their new sustainability strategy entitled “Innovating for Balance: Planet, People, Profit”. Learn how Lenzing is a leader in wood-base cellulosic fiber production and sustainable practices. This webinar will highlight the key points of Lenzing’s sustainability strategy, as well as an update on their latest fiber innovation, Refibra™ branded lyocell fibers which is derived from pulp using post- industrial cotton waste. Register here.
- Archroma and Patagonia collaboration on color, Archroma
- Israeli business develops waterless thread dyeing, EcoTextile News (subscription required)
- IWTO: Addressing wool and sustainability, EcoTextile News (subscription required)
- New report reveals 86% of Americans expect companies to take action on social, environmental issues, Sustainable Brands
Subscribe to Sustainability Snapshot
Get an email reminder when we have a new Sustainability Snapshot published.