Ain’t No Party Like An OB Party
There will be food, friends, booze and grown-up games. Plus, a mystery musical guest you won't want to miss. And we're doing it all for the kids. Get details and tickets here, then get yourself there.
Outsiders Ball: The Party with a Purpose
In the past four years, Outsiders Ball has raised over $1 million to fund more than 300 community-led outdoor initiatives, providing 65,000 youths with opportunities to experience the outdoors. That’s real, tangible change on a local level.
On July 25, the eve of Outdoor Retailer, we’re doing it all again. Join more than 1,000 outdoor industry leaders at the Gallivan Center in Salt Lake City as we enjoy good food and drinks, celebrate the outdoors, and equip young people with the tools and opportunities to get outside. Here are just a few of the activities and activations you can expect, thanks to our generous sponsors.
- Smartwool’s Perfect Pair: Find your match in this fun, mingle-mandatory activity. Grab a sticker, roam the party, meet and greet new friends and old, and hopefully you’ll find your match. When you do, find a volunteer and get your free Smartwool socks.
- Vasque’s Thank You Note to Utah: Salt Lake City has been such a gracious host for the past 20 some years, and it’s only appropriate that we write a heartfelt thank you note. Grab a postcard, write a little message, and show this town how much we’ll miss it. For every five postcards, Vasque will make a gift to the Parks4Kids Utah to help make sure the next generation of Utahns get out early and often. Thank you Utah, and thank you Vasque.
- Mountain Khakis Raffle: The grand prize? Two words: Grand Targhee. Now that we have your attention…Find your raffle ticket in your program, fill it out, drop it in the hat, cross your fingers. The winning ticket will be drawn at 8:30 p.m., and you have to be present to win. Don’t worry, you’re going to want to stick around for the “main event,” a surprise musical guest that is definitely worth waiting for.
- Outdoor Retailer’s #WeAreOutdoor: Come grab a bandana and maybe make a new friend. We’ll have conversation starters at the ready.
- REI Style: Custom-designed tees (men’s and women’s cuts) by artist Jeremy Collins feature the official “This Land is Our Land” artwork. Your $20 donation nets you a t-shirt and funds the Outdoor Foundation’s Parks4Kids Utah program. Special thanks to REI, who will match donations dollar for dollar
*Outdoor Foundation, Parks4Kids Utah: Through the Outdoor Foundation’s Parks4Kids program, we will fund select programs that will get Salt Lake City area kids out on Utah’s beautiful public lands. For more information on funding these special Utah based projects visit utah.parks4kids.info.